NAA May 2019 Community News
Congratulations to Reverence Capital!
Reverence Capital Partners, founded by NAA Board Member Milton Berlinski, has signed a deal to buy a 75% stake in independent broker/dealer network Advisor Group. The firm's current owners, Lightyear Capital and PSP Investments, will retain 25% of the company.
Congratulations to Basis Investment Group!
Basis Investment Group LLC, a national commercial real estate investment platform founded by CEO and NAA member Tammy Jones, announced that it held its final closing of its first commingled, closed-end fund. Basis raised $410 million of capital commitments for the fund, which was oversubscribed. The Fund is a successor vehicle to seven prior joint ventures and separate accounts launched by Basis in the past 10 years. With the closing of the fund, Basis has up to an additional $800 million of capital to deploy.
NAA MEMBER FIRM ATIVO CAPITAL IS HIRING
Position: Quantitative Researcher/Developer
Ativo Capital Management, LLC is an investment management firm based in Chicago. We are looking for a Quantitative Researcher/Developer to work with our investment and research team. This position requires someone with 7-15 years of industry experience with strong analytical and technical skills.
- Provide analytical support to the investment and research team
- Assist in the research and development of new systematic factors
- Assist in the development of new tools and infrastructure to aid the research and investment process
- Support current production framework
- Work on enhancing our existing research framework
- Explore the use of new data sets and help build new data sets
- Advanced Degree (MS/MBA); CFA or progress towards CFA preferred
- 7-15 years of experience working for a mid to large buy-side firm in a similar role
- Experience with financial databases and vendors ie: Axioma/Barra, Clarifi, Compustat, Worldscope, CapitalIQ, Factset and Bloomberg.
- Proficient in computer programming languages such as Python, C#, R and SQL
Ativo Capital Management, LLC is an affirmative action-Equal Opportunity Employer. ACM extends equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected status. Individuals who may need a reasonable accommodation in applying for a position or performing the essential functions of a position may discuss such needs with our Office Manager.
Resumes/Inquiries should be sent to Maria Rosales at email@example.com
Please continue to submit information on existing high level and high impact vacancies to Danielle Beyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Industry Events
Hispanic Heritage Foundation 6th Annual Investors Forum
June 6, 2019
2019 CalPERS & CalSTRS Diversity Forum
June 10-11, 2019